THE ALGOMA CHAPTER OF THE ONTARIO WOODLOT ASSOCIATION
When: Saturday February 18, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Where: Woodlot and home of Brent Attwell
1196 Leighs Bay Road, Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Please drive up the driveway and park by the barn
What: We will be holding our first of several events of 2023 and invite you to come join us!
Feel free to bring a friend or neighbour who is interested in forestry as well.
Active Woodlot Harvest Tour
- Approximately 2 km hike (no snowshoes needed) to see:
- Modified clearcut in two areas, one spruce budworm (with AOC to APA
- Selection cutting of a mixed hardwood stand;
- Shelterwood cutting of a Scots pine plantation;
- Equipment being used: cable skidder, farm tractor
- Lunch: fire will be going outside, BRING A BAG LUNCH
- Bandsaw milling demo pine/spruce
Woodlot tours are an opportunity to see how others are managing their woodlots but also a time for sharing of knowledge and learning from each other. Hope to see you there!!
- Brent Attwell’s – 1196 Leighs Bay Road
- On Second Line, Leighs Bay Road is between Allen Side Road and Carpin
- Beach Road
- Go north on Leighs Bay Road for 1 km
- Brent’s driveway is in a treed area on the right side of the road
Click here to view a map.
For more information and to register, please contact Laurie Thompson 705-987-1170.