It's Spoon Moot time again! Now in our fourth year, come for a day or stay for the whole weekend! The weekend will include intro and intermediate carving workshops, sharpening basics, chip carving and much more!
Situated at Mount Wolfe Farm in Caledon, the home of the Ontario Rural Skills Network and Mount Wolfe Spoon Club, you can relax in the woods and orchard of this family-run CSA Farm.
We have something for everyone:
- A space to carve in community, to meet old and new friends
- Introduction to Spoon Carving workshop for those with no experience
- An Improvers workshop for those who want to develop their skills
- A Sharpening workshop to learn the importance of this all-important skill
- Drop-in workshops: Cordage, Birch-Bark Sheathes (if you have a drop-in mini-workshop you would like to run, get in touch)
- Swap/ purchase table for your spoons
- Pole-lathing and Chip carving demonstrations
- Blacksmithing demonstrations (we have a simple forge on site and Steve from Bad Llama Forge will be working on a project or two)
We invite you to bring your tent and camp at the farm. We have a number of spaces available but please let us know if you would like to camp. Amenities are basic: there will be a porta-potty on site and a long drop toilet, and a sink in the work shed!
This event is organized by Ontario Rural Skills Network & Mount Wolfe Spoon Club.
Click here to buy your ticket and for more information about the event.